Sunday, May 12, 2013

Presence Based Healing

Last night a friend contacted me on Skype Lets call her Lori.
Lori said she had pain up to 11 on a scale of 1-10 in her face and neck.
I wanted to try some out of the box techniques so I tried praying for her from a distance "in the spirit".
I felt impressed to tell her to give it 5 minutes and just to worship and focus on God.
She messaged me and told me that her pain increased to a 12.
So I called her and just let her vent. She spoke all about her issues with pain and why did God allow it, etc.
I gave her the freedom to talk and "clear the air". I continued to pray but I wasn't really sure what to do or how to pray so I just focused on the presence of God!

After a while, She said the pain was still there but she could sense God's presence. I told her to focus on Gods presence, to press into it and not to focus on the pain she was feeling. To keep her mind on things above and not those below, to walk by faith and not by sight. The Lord continued ministering to her and gave her peace and joy in His presence. After several minutes of this she was quite refreshed and there was a peace and rest in her voice. She told me after that her pain went down to a 4 and by the next Morning it was completely gone. Hallelujah!

No comments: