I went to a poetry show tonight.
The friend who invited me suggested that I go up for the open mike. Earlier in the day I had gotten some inspiration and I made some preliminary jottings, I was halfway prepared as I still did not have a full poem. I just decided I would wing it or adlib it. So when my turn came I went up and did my thing. It was so well received they said it was powerful and there was a holy hush. They said that I had grown leaps and bounds as a poet. But what really happened is that God went with me and he flowed through me and he testified to the words I spoke. I never thought that God would show up at a secular poetry reading but he did. I even got to encourage another christian brother who wasn't so consistent in his walk with the Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment