I just started a new job and was working long and hard to impress my new boss. On top of that I was staying up late in the night working on some other business interests. The result of all this ill treatment was that by the end of the week not only was I exhausted but I was coming down with the flu. My nostrils were draining, I was sneezing up a storm and feeling weak and sickly. Coworkers noticed and said that I was coming down with the flu. I refused to accept that. Family members made similar pronouncements.
I realized that only God could rectify my situation. After repenting for overworking myself and taxing my body and not taking my required rest.(Ps. 127:2 It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep.) I then commanded the sickness to leave etc.
When that didn't seem to work I tried something else. I remember Roger talking about his healing journey and how he would accept Jesus as his healer like he took him as his Saviour. I decided to do the same . To accept Christ as my healer and rest and abide in his finished work and his healing love for me. Before the end of the day all flu like symptoms were gone. I was strengthened and revived and I stopped sneezing. I was healed. It didn't happen instantly, but it was there at one point and then all of a sudden it wasn't. God did the work. To him be the glory amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment