Sunday, November 8, 2009

God and Money

Sunday.

I went to church today and the pastor spoke on God and Money and the biblical mindset towards money versus the worldly mindset. HE said several things but mainly that we should not deisre to be rich or to seek after things or possessions. That should not be our sole aim. We should seek first the kingdom, seek Gods ways and not be worried or anxious about our needs. We have a father who loves us and cares for us and he will abundantly supply our needs if we only ask in faith.

We should give and share with others.

We should not seek to gather and store up on earth.

WE should not labor day and night for the almighty dollar.

Dont store up or save for a rainy day

Dont value savings more than others needs

What does this mean for me? For Tarik Carey?

1. I should give the money to Denise (finally)

2. I should cancel my JV with Racquel

3. I should cancel my plans to work odesk in the nights

4. I should be content with what I have and not plot and scheme and strive for more

5. I should cancel my membership in any plan whose sole aim is to make money eg Theo and mlmsp

6. Unsubscribe from all mailing lists whose sole purpose is making money

7. Stop going to forums whose sole purpose is making money

8. No longer think of plans to make more money

9. No longer give into family pressure to make more money

DO

10. Write down all the things I need and Ask God in prayer

11. Continue to confess the word and stand on the word

12. Continue to share and give to others and sow seed and be kind and generous

13. Continue to trust God and lean on him and depend on him

14. When not praying or doing any spiritual activity: learn skills, languages, how to memorize and speed read, touch type, exercise etc

Scriptures:

Matt 6:4
Matt 6:33
Luke 12:13-34
proverbs 22:1
Proverbs 23:4-5
Psams 127:2

No comments: